Navitrans International NV is seeking an experienced Documentalist/ Technical Writer with a background in logistics and supply chain management. The ideal candidate will possess both functional domain and IT expertise, making them a valuable conversation partner for our company. The role involves understanding the transport and logistics domain and market. How customers will use our logistics software solutions. Candidates who prefer a hybrid work model are encouraged to apply.
As a Documentalist, you will write user documentation for our software products in the areas of Transport Management, Warehouse Management, Forwarding Management, Graphical Planning Board, Customer Portals and more. This documentation consists of manuals and help systems. You will create documentation in collaboration with software developers and product managers. During the development process, you will translate the software into explanations and instructions for the user and provide feedback on the developed software from the user’s point of view.
– Writing and maintaining manuals for end users and application administrators;
– Creating illustrations and flowcharts to support documentation;
– Composing training documentation in consultation with the training manager based on manual source texts.
Navitrans is a software development and distribution company specializing in solutions for transport and logistics service providers. Headquartered in Belgium, it operates in the Netherlands, Denmark, and Lithuania. Navitrans relies on Microsoft’s Dynamics 365 Business Central platform and has experienced substantial growth in recent years. The company values collaboration with customers and leverages Microsoft’s technology partnership spanning over two decades.
– Completed bachelor or master education;
– Good command of the Dutch language and also able to draft English texts;
– Experience in the (structured) writing of user documentation;
– Experience with a Content Management System (e.g. MadCap Flare or a DITA-based CMS);
– Experience with the Microsoft office packages;
– Coordinate translation projects and generate the translated documentation.
Characteristics: analytical, accurate, curious, a team player who can work well independently.
– Experience or affinity with software development.
– Experience or affinity with the application areas of our software.
– Experience with structured writing according to DITA.
– Experience with e-learning development;
– Experience in working in teams according to the scrum methodology.
The company is looking to fill the position promptly. Interested candidates can upload their CV on this website or send it to [email protected]. The hiring process emphasizes discretion, and discussions with potential candidates are encouraged. For more information on the Microsoft Business Central market and available opportunities, please contact [email protected] or +31 636020297. Confidentiality is guaranteed.